The cottage can be rented throughout the year. During summers it can become more than 30 degrees hot and in winters the temperature can drop to minus 30 degrees Celsius.
The house is located in the forest. The nearest road is 5 km away and is not heard. In a radius of 5 km are just five other houses. The only thing you hear outside is the rustling of the trees or the blowing of the wind. Combined with a complete absence of noise in the house it results in an unprecedented degree of silence which has a very calming, almost meditative effect.
Through the typical Swedish porch one leads into the hallway and then to the kitchen, living room and upper floor. The living room has a cosy wood burning stove, seating and audio / video facilities. The renovated kitchen has a large classic wooden dining table and chairs with a Swedish bench; an old Swedish cast iron wood stove and modern kitchen appliances. The shower room with toilet was built in 2006 and has floor heating. The upper floor is one large room of 50 square meters with 6 beds and is relatively low. Outside there is a large garden with barbecue, garden furniture, swing, trampoline, slide, tree house and our own football pitch. The car can be parked near the house.
The house was rented several times by people in wheelchairs or with walker. The layout can be customized on request for that. The toilet bowl has a special elevated seat and on the wall we can add an extra sturdy handle.
Smoking is not allowed in the house. Pets are allowed.
- Electric heaters, wood stove and floor heating in the bathroom.
- Modern electric stove with oven; fridge / freezer; coffee machine; kettle; toaster
- Modern washing machine and dryer, drying rack.
- Wi-Fi, wireless internet.
- Radio, CD player, TV, DVD, video.
- Tourist brochures, maps of the area and books.
- Self-catering. Breakfast can be arranged on request at weekend rental option.
- Bed linen / towel / towel bring your own or can be rented.
- Duvets, pillows and extra blankets are provided.
- Beds: 1 double bed, three 3 beds and 1 baby bed.
- Bicycles can be used on request for a small fee.
By default, all the beds are upstairs. Many families found it very nice to sleep all together on the upper floor. However, it is also possible to place two beds downstairs in the living room. That living room is quite spacious and many tenants spend much of their time in the cosy kitchen with large table, chairs and sofa. If one of you has difficulty walking, you do not need the stairs to the upper floor. For taller people it can be a good option since the upstairs is quite low. You could also find it better to sleep on the warmer ground floor during the cold winter.
You can specify your wishes concerning the layout on the Contact page in the text block Message.